Friday, September 17, 2010

Italian Proverbs

An older man had been visiting the same church every week for over 30 years.  Every week he knelt before the same statue of a saint and prayed the same prayer: "Dear Lord, please let me win the lottery."  One Sunday, the man knelt before the same saint statue, prayed the same prayer and hoped with all his heart the same hope.  Suddenly, the statue came to life and stood before the man, who stood in awe.  In a booming voice, the statue told the man, "If you want to win the lottery... Buy a ticket."




Often times we agree to write our own vows, but not our own rules.  We also ask a lot of God, and of others, without thinking about what surrounds us.  If you want to win the lottery, buy a ticket.  If you want to be a painter, then paint, and paint often.


I paint because I love to create.  I don't have very many limitations when there is a brush in my hand.  I can't create if I don't put myself out there.  Even if I screw it up, dislike the outcome or can't find anyone who wants it, at least I created something that captured my emotions.  I also enjoy photography, writing, scrapbooking, guitar and Japanese.  Each of these is an outlet for me, a means of expression and a way for me to connect to something incredible that dwells within me.  If I don't express it- buying the ticket- there is no way to win the lottery- for me to see that which I have created.


In other areas of my life, I am prepping for a lot of things... More to come.  Let's just say I bought a First Class ticket today...
xx.a


No comments:

Post a Comment